posted to rec.boats.building
Bruce in Bangkok[_16_] Bruce in Bangkok[_16_] is offline

Default Shortening of Teleflex cable - possible or what

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 08:55:07 -0500, Ole Skovrup ocsATpost10.tele.dk
wrote:

Hello dear boatsmen

I just bought a Teleflex cable for a very modest price - but it is about a
meter (3') too long.
Has any of you DIY types tried shortening the coil or rod end of a Teleflex
cable?
And how did it turn out?
Dos and don'ts very much appreciated.

Fair winds
Ole, DK

Frankly I can't see how you can shorted a Morse type teleflex cable
successfully as the solid rod ends moving in the solid tubes at the
end are what allows the cable to both push and pull.

However, I have seen cables effectively shortened by installing them
with an "S" bend or loop which, if the bends aren't too sharp seemed
to work - sort of - o.k.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)