posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry Larry is offline

Default Ping Larry

Bruce in Bangkok wrote in
:

Did you ever know a fellow named "Jim Wright" while in Iran? He worked
on the radar site project and must have been somewhere on the power
production side of the project, Certainly not on the electronic? Drank
a lot, and fairly continuously all day. It would have been, say 1975 -
1977, about that period.

He worked for us in Indonesia, off and on, but we finally had to let
him go as his drinking reached the point that he couldn't function
after lunch.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Sorry. The time is wrong. I was there at the end, 77-79. I don't
remember hearing that name. I made my own power for the lab. We had
air-cooled Deutz diesels driving big overkill generators for stable
power with some serious underground tankage. I ended up in the electric
company business on the side as the base power at Doshen-Tappeh wasn't
anything to brag home about...(c;] More load and circuits kept being
added on as the place would be in the dark...except for my lab standing
out like a lighthouse in the dark...hee hee.

We'd walk out of the lab into total darkness...not good. "You boys
wanna run a drop cord to one of my gensets? I got a couple of hundred
KW we're not usin'.", I'd quip.

Deutz makes great prime movers, albeit a little noisy for a boat being
air cooled with that monster fan blowing air over the cylinder jugs....a
hot diesel is a happy diesel!

--
Global Warming and Creationism are to science what storks are to
obstetrics...

Larry