Bruce in Bangkok[_16_] Bruce in Bangkok[_16_] is offline

Default June in the Exumas - Highborne to Allens Cays

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 12:51:18 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 10:51:47 -0400, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

If there's a breeze, it's great. We have a 4square windscoop which works in
any orientation (current vs wind, e.g.) as well as the standard windscoop
brand item.

Good point regarding the breeze, it makes all the difference. The
other issue is bugs. Some anchorages can be very buggy this time of
year, especially if there is no breeze blowing.

Make screens. We used regular mosquito screening stuff - nylon cloth I
suppose it is and hemmed around it a bit larger then a hatch with
solid cloth then sewed lead chain into the hem. Just throw it over the
hatch when the bugs are out.

Sure cheaper then air conditioning :-)

Cheers,

Bruce