Larry W4CSC

Default Sailing the Hunter 336 long distance

Pull out one of the drain holes above the waterline and look at the
thickness of the hull........count all those carefully laid layers of
roving fiberglass mat that gives this Hunter its tremendous hull
strength at sea.

Now, go down in the bilge on the other side of the drain hole and see
how far apart the stringers and other supporting structures are that
keep that hull thickness from collapsing when that big 20' wave slaps
against the hull like a sledge hammer.......

Ask Yourself - Do you REALLY want to test it to see if it's strong
enough for that wave???......

On 8 Feb 2004 12:11:55 -0800, (Keith) wrote:

Is there anybody with experience sailing the Hunter 336 on longer
voyages at open sea?
I'm especially interested in the behaviour of the boat in rough
weather and the trips that owners made at open sea or ocean (atlantic
crossings or suchlike).

Thanks,
Keith

Larry W4CSC

No, no, Scotty! I said, "Beam me a wrench.", not a WENCH!
Kirk Out.....