Keith

Default NiMH batteries in a portable VHF?

They'll work fine for awhile, but not as long as NiCads or Alkalines. If you
store them, they lose their charge pretty fast. The only way I'd use the
NiMH would be to charge them RIGHT before I used them.

--

Keith
__
"Rob Malkin" wrote in message
Hello all:

I have a Standard Horizon HX260S hand-held VHF marine radio which, along
with a supplied NiCad battery pack, can take 6 AA batteries. The NiCad
battery pack takes 15 hours to re-charge. I would like to use 6 AA
rechargeable NiMH (Nickel Metal Hydride) batteries instead of the regular

AA
batteries but my owner's manual says it's 'not recommended'. I couldn't

find
anything at their website explaining this further. Has anyone done this?

Thanks in advance.

- Rob Malkin