Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default Richard Bach books (was) Movies (was) Novice Sailboat Question: Help w/ Broken Boom

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 14:33:31 -0400, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

"Richard Casady" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 13:17:38 -0400, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in
its hand. You seek problems because you need their gifts."

Bach's first book, Stranger to the Ground. was not bad. It has been
downhill from there. If the ****er tells me my cancer is a gift that I
need I will break his bones.

Casady

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your cancer... What is it, and what's the prognosis?

A spot on the tongue from forty years of smoking and drinking. It had
spread to the lymph nodes on both sides of the neck. So they geve me
radiation every day for six weeks, enough to kill in thirty seconds if
it hit the brain all at once. A couple of positron scans were clean
that is I seem to have a cure. I am 63 and life has been pretty good.
I still have a life. Just got back from a trip to Amsterdam. Stayed at
the Hemp Hotel, and yes you can legally smoke weed at the bar. They
banned smpking tobacco specifically, in the bars, but hashish is still
legal. A no star, with a 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 foot [ I measured] ****ter
serving the five rooms on three floors, but the room did have a shower
and a small icebox. The bar is seven feet wide[I measured] and about
sixty feet long. The place has a cat door. They don't own the cat that
comes and goes at all hours, they just let it hang out. There is a
park across the street, a tram stop and cab stand 150 yards away, and
a couple of blocks of shops and bars a half block away. A dedicated
chocolate shop, a dedicated cheese store. A a tobacconist with English
newspapers. A bitty convenience market, with, of all things,
Budweiser. Heinekin is harder to find than in the US, and comes in
smaller bottles. *******s. The bar has nothing but good brands, four
single malts, three brands of absinthe, several cannabis beers and
wines. No cheap stuff whatever. Two Euros for a Heinekin, eight[ten
bucks] for a

I think Stranger to the Ground was his delivery flight in the USAF? If so,
that's the one I liked least. If it was another of his flight-related
personal narratives, I like it, as there's not been any I've not, other than
the USAF delivery. I've not read JLSeagull, but thoroughly enjoyed Biplane,
Illusions, and what might have been his last one, about his getting married,
name now forgotten...

L8R

Skip, having to be content to fly under water, briefly, coming up for a
"landing" to refuel (another lungful) way too often