John

Default Marine GPS

Also, FUGAWI Marine ENC software is available, (www.fugawi.com) which
runs on the iQue. This gives you much more waypoint, track and route
functions than are natively available in the iQue. Also, you can load
in the new (and FREE!) NOOA ENC charts to the iQue (albeit in
rasterized form) as well as any other non-Garmin nautical chart such
as Maptech or Softchart. What's best is you also get the software for
PC and Pocket PC - all in one package for les than $200.

(Agree about the battery life of the iQue though...)

- John

I've just started using the spiffy new Garmin iQue 3600--a PDA with an integral
WAAS GPS. It also takes the Garmin Blue Charts.

I've found the iQue to be very usable, with a clear color display and instant
redraws. I'm not going to give up the GPSMap76, though, for several reasons.
First, the 76 is waterproof and floats. Second, its functionality is still
superior to that of the iQue--working with waypoints, routes and tracks is
easier. And it has very good battery life compared to the iQue--15 hours on two
AA NiMH, compared to about 3 hours with the iQue.

I could do away with many of the disadvantages of the 76 by just running its
signal through a laptop, but I'm just not ready to schlep that much equipment
aboard just yet.

HTH,
Joe Parsons