posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bruce in Bangkok[_16_] Bruce in Bangkok[_16_] is offline

Default Ping Larry

I've now built several different antennas for the wi-fi. The dish
works very well and about the same, as far as signal strength goes,
but better in noise rejection is a "Cantenna" I think that they called
it. Basically just a tube, calculated as a wave guide, with a radiator
1/4 wavelength from the closed end.

I'm not sure whether this is what you were recommending as there is
also a "Pringles Can" that uses reflectors and directors inside the
tube.

However, the recommended length of the "Cantenna" seems to be one wave
length. Which is about 8 inches. Because of what I welded together to
make the tube mine ended up 12 inches long, about 1.5 wave length. Dom
you think cutting the tube to 1 wave length improve signal strength?

Secondly, I am now getting greedy. Since the Cantenna and the dish
each worked very well, thank you, I'm now thinking of combining the
two. If I do that I am assuming that the mouth of the tube should be
at the focus point of the dish? right?

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)