nom=de=plume[_2_] nom=de=plume[_2_] is offline

Default anchor question?

"Larry" wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:

"Larry" wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:

"Larry" wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
If the windlass fails, you cut and run. I'll bet there are
tens of thousands of anchors on the bottom of the ocean that
were stuck and the Captain had no other choice.

Really? How much does 100' of chain and a big anchor cost?
You're going to leave it? Sounds pretty stupid to me, but you
don't own a boat, right? So, you wouldn't even have a clue.
Unlike you, I do own a boat - my fourth actually. What does
the cost of the anchor and it's rode have to do with it? If
you can't recover it you don't call AAA and fix your makeup
while you wait for them. It only "sounds" stupid to you
because you _are_ stupid.

Unlike you, I'm not a moron. Looking at the West Marine
website, an anchor for a 40' boat costs about $400 plus 100' of
chain at $5/ft is $500. So, that's nearly $1000 you, the moron,
is willing to leave on the bottom. I guess stupid is as stupid
does.

So your plan it to dive it and release it by hand? The loss is
a small price to pay.

How about disconnecting the chain, attaching a light line to it
that is long enough to reach the surface, and have a small float
on the end. Then, take your handy, dandy GPS and mark the spot.
Go into a dock, get some help from the locals, and retrieve your
anchor. What's the worst case... someone steals it? You can't
find it again? Nobody is willing to help?

Sure. That happens everyday.

Why don't you start an anchor retrieval business?

Why don't you get someone else to drive and check the tires while
he backs up..

The liberal admission of defeat. Sorry you gave up so soon.

You're the one who cuts and runs.

No, I choose to not post dumb remarks like yours.

Are you claiming you never said that?? Should we add liar to your
resume?

I never said that in reference to a post and you know it. Try again,
lawyer.

Really? Well, here it is:

From: Larry

I don't think your apology is forthcoming, but one never knows.

Wrong context, dummy.

Nope. Same context. Anchoring. Continue to lie. It really enhances your
stature among men.