Jim Jim is offline

Default Novice Sailboat Question: Help w/ Broken Boom

wrote:
On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 23:52:05 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 21:26:08 -0500, cavelamb
wrote:

Bruce in Bangkok wrote:
On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 11:14:51 -0500, cavelamb
wrote:

Hey Bruce, have you seen the movie "Morning Light"?
Nope. We don't go out to the movies much and the TV is all Thai
programs. No late night movie :-(

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)
It's one of my very favorite DVDs.

It's a documentary about a bunch of kids that Roy Disney
invited to sail his TP52 in the Transpac race in 2007.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morning_Light

http://www.sailingworld.com/article/...-Morning-Light

Highly recommended, if you ever get the chance.
We have an enormous choice in pirate disks here. In fact there is a
far greater selection in the pirate shops then in the legitimate
places, so next time I'm by I'll have a look and see whether I can
find it.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

LOL, I came real close to misunderstanding that.

The absolute worst movies I've seen lately are *Hollywood* pirate flicks...
(Pirates of the Caribbean).

I found "History of the TransPac" on Netflicks.
That was great. Interesting stuff, and educational without being boring.

So, other than "Wind", what else is worth watching?

All of the Horatio Hornblower movies, ditto "Master and Commander".

"Dead Calm" with Nicole Kidman, Sam Neill and Billy Zane.

"White Squall" with Jeff Bridges.

"Perfect Storm"

"Mutiny on the Bounty"

"Shackleton"

Down To The Sea In Ships, 1922, silent, Clara Bow's debut among other
things. She looks to be about 14 or 15.

This movie is especially cool because it has actual footage of sailing
AND whaling aboard the C.W. Morgan. The movie was mostly shot on
location in Bedford Massachusetts. The action footage is absolutely
incredible.

I love old film, and will get that.
Always wanted to know what Burt Lancaster meant when he was reminiscing
to a youngster in "Atlantic City" and pointed to the ocean and said,
"Ah, the Atlantic Ocean. You should have seen it then."
But for pure realism, nothing tops "Captain Ron."

Jim - Movie buff.