Katie Ohara Katie Ohara is offline

Default Anchor Question

On Jun 21, 6:36*pm, Tim wrote:
On Jun 21, 8:24*pm, Wayne.B wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 18:46:59 -0600, Canuck57
wrote:

The problem: *The anchor windlass has failed in some unfortunate way,
and not easily repaired. * How do you retrieve your expensive anchor
and chain?

Drag the bottom with hook the right size to snag the chain.

Then what ?

What else? My *cemen...er..."anchor" isn't that big, so you call your
buddy with the 35 ft. Grady or the gentleman *and lady with the twin
diesel trawler to haul it out of the muck. *But I also realize that
their rescue is conditional. I should be prepared to have them laugh
at me for at least a minimum of a week before they tie on and tug.
(and rip my boat in two and... laugh some more while high five-ing
each other)

?;^ )