John H[_2_] John H[_2_] is offline

Default My weekend boating...

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 13:08:59 -0700 (PDT), Jack wrote:

Talk boating in a boating NG you say? Well, OK…

Boat season is wide open here in SC, and has been for some time now.
Last Friday, my wife’s parents and her brother came to visit, and we
all got in the boat and went to the Rusty Anchor, a restaurant and
marina on the NE part of the lake, for dinner. Good food, good
weather, and a nice sunset.

Saturday morning her folks went back home, but her brother stayed.
After taking care of some things around the house, the three of us hit
the lake again about 10:30 that morning. Tried out the new tube, rode
and swam, and ate some lunch we had brought with us. Middle afternoon
we went to the Dockside to listen to the band and relax for a bit, and
ran into a friend I work with that lives on the lake. Hung out a bit,
made plans for Sunday, and was tied back up at the slip around 6pm.

Sunday morning we were back on the water by 9:20am. Picked up the
friend at 10 on his dock, then the four of us headed to Spinner’s
Resort for Sunday Brunch. Crab Cake Benedict… yum, yum!! What a
great place.

http://www.spinnersresort.com/

Tying up at their dock we spotted this:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/JackG/LYMANs1.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/JackG/LYMANs2.jpg

Bad iPhone pictures, but it was very nicely maintained, interior was
pristine. Cool boat.

We left there and headed back to my friend's cove for some skiing,
then dropped him off and headed back to our slip. We had the boat
covered and were back home by 3:30.

Whew! What a weekend. And we have to keep doing this until
October. :-

Beautiful boat!

Hang in there. You'll make it through the summer, although it's going to be a
lot of suffering and agony.