YukonBound YukonBound is offline

Default Shallow water outboards

In article ,
says...

On 6/14/10 3:50 PM, Happy wrote:

wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 17:11:35 -0700 (PDT), Frogwatch
wrote:

Went canoeing at Wacissa River again today. Over the past few yrs, I
have noticed some odd motors obviously intended for very shallow weed
infested waters. These motors resemble a lawnmotor engine with a very
long shaft, maybe 6' on which there is a prop at the very end. They
go very well in the mats of vegetation covering the water whereas a
conventional outboard immediately bogs down and gets stuff in the
water intake.
I am wondering if these odd outboards will mean fewer airboats because
both are intended to be used in nearly zero water.

Just bear in Mind Florida has a new law about destroying sea grass,
The fine is a fairly modest $1000 but they can also take you into
civil court for the price of restoring the damage to the grass and
that can be a huge number.

Show me that law???

Shouldn't you be out breaking the arms of little kids, loogy?

Psst, fat buddy, even I'm smart enough to read headers. You know I'm
always afraid of telling you when you are wrong because I don't want the
wrath of your name calling and insulting, but you are wrong.