nom=de=plume[_2_] nom=de=plume[_2_] is offline

Default Doin the oil cleanup

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
My 23 yr old daughter called last night all excited cuz she says BP is
paying people $20/hr to help with the oil cleanup and her and her bf
are both wanting to do it. I did not have the heart to tell her it
was unlikely they'd be hired things are so screwed up over there.
With a BS in marine Bio she likes the salt marshes so that's a plus
but with skin that is so white she had melanoma at 17, I hope she does
not get it. She said that if you have a good boat thye will even pay
more and wanted to know if she could borrow my 20' Tolman Skiff. She
really is good at handling that boat. If BP would require their
personnel to wear a few clothes to minimize the UV risk, maybe.

Don't they have to wear hazmat suits or similar? That's what I see when
they're on TV on the beach collecting lumps.