Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default DISMASTED - told you so . . .

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 20:25:32 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 18:38:59 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 16:30:31 -0400,
wrote:

We are talking about a non-stop circumnavigation, Wayne. I don't think
there is a trawler made that could make it that far.

Unfortunately you are right about that. Lot's of trawlers have
circumnavigated but not non-stop. Maybe if we towed a 25,000 gallon
barge behind us... :-)

We keep runing into people who have done some very impressive offshore
passages in sailing catamarans. Maybe that's the answer. It would
certainly be good for two couples.

Sooner or later someone is going to figure out how to put a hydrogen
fuel cell on a trawler and feed it seawater.

And that would be a very cool solution to the energy crisis. Another
way to accomplish the same thing is with small scale nuclear reactors
but if the navy has them, they're not talking about it. I had dinner
a couple of years ago with the navy's chief nuclear physicist and he
just smiled when I asked him about the possibility.