Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default anchor question?

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 17:55:08 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

Wayne, concerning my pontoon boat anchor. Does that mean that I need
to put a chain on my cement block?

Probably not if you only anchor in sand or soft muddy conditions. On
the other hand if you want to anchor securely in rocky conditions, the
chain is a good idea.

Can we assume that you don't encounter much coral in Illinois? :-)

I'm sure you're aware that a concrete block anchor is not likely to
hold in a major wind squall. If you can find an inexpensive 12 lb
Danforth type anchor, that's what I'd recommend. It would be easier
to haul up also.