nom=de=plume[_2_] nom=de=plume[_2_] is offline

Default anchor question?

"Canuck57" wrote in message
On 13/06/2010 5:48 PM, nom=de=plume wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 16:50:21 -0300, "YukonBound"
wrote:

The anchor chain (usually long as boat length), helps keep the anchor
set
and makes it less likely to drag.

Last but not least, chain provides abrasion resistance where it is
most needed. A nylon rode dragging on the bottom will not last long,
particularly on a rocky or coral bottom.

Can't you be fined for damaging coral? I thought that was the norm these
days. Seems like you shouldn't be anchoring where you can do damage, so
that leaves sand, mud, and rocks (which sounds hard, no pun intended).

Depends where you lay anchor. But if you were a boater you would know
that. But as usual, just a dumb she-it ...

--
Taxation, modern day slavery. The loss of economic freedom.

Hey bozo... please tell us where you can put your anchor (assuming you had
one of course) on coral where you wouldn't damage it. I'm sure there are
some places where you wouldn't be caught or where the locals don't care, but
since you're not going to be going to any of those places...

As usual, you demonstrate just how asinine you really are.