Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default DISMASTED - told you so . . .

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 08:59:50 -0400, wrote:

I'm not so sure I'd pick that combination for a circumnavigation. That
boat was purpose built to be used in charter in the Carribean, where
people tend to sail a little from point to point and then anchor in
mostly benign conditions. I'd pick a CSY 44 out of that type of boats.

The CSYs are hell for stout but also butt ugly in my opinion. I think
Skip and Lydia's boat, the Morgan 461 has a lot going for it. For
living aboard in the islands however, I really don't think you can
beat a good trawler, at least 2 or 3x the living space and storage in
the same boat length.