Bruce in Alaska

Default Dual use of Cockpit Speakers??

In article ,
Dave wrote:

This brings to mind a question I've been wondering about. Used to be that
when you had the radio on you were supposed to monitor channel 16. However
from what I've read the general calling channel is now channel 9. So which
are you supposed to monitor these days?

The International Calling and Distress Frequency is Ch. 16 VHF.
VFH Ch. 9 is a Calling Channel for "Non-Commercial Users".
This was instituted to move "Non-commercial Calling Traffic" off
Ch. 16 in High User Density Areas in the USA.
If you are a Manditory Required User, you MUST Monitor Ch.16 while
underway, unless you are in a VTS Reporting System Area.
If you are a Volintary Equipped User, then you have a choice of
either Ch. 16 or Ch. 9.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @