Bob Gough

Default Dual use of Cockpit Speakers??

(Rick Curtis) wrote in message . com...
Steve,

The easiest way to do it without a switch is to use 1N4004 diodes on
each of the four speaker wires where you hook the two sources to one
speaker. This will keep the signal from going from one source to the
other source. If you don't know what I mean, let me know and I'll
send you a simple wiring diagram.

Well, that might sorta work. Properly wired it could protect the output
transistors of the two amplifiers, but I suspect that the result would be
horribly degraded audio from both sources. Audio signals are AC and by
putting a single diode in series with the speaker you effectively chop
off half the waveform resulting in distortion and attenuation.

The circuit that Dan suggested is probably the best solution. If you're
not handy with electronics or know someone who is, surely there is
someone kicking around the marina who could put together a simple
circuit like that for you.

Bob