Calif Bill

Default NiMH batteries in a portable VHF?

I think the NiMH are only 1.2V batteries. I have the same radio and when I
misplaced the charger, I bought the 12V charger, so just plug the radio into
the 12V plug in the boat when the batts are low.
Bill

"Rob Malkin" wrote in message
Hello all:

I have a Standard Horizon HX260S hand-held VHF marine radio which, along
with a supplied NiCad battery pack, can take 6 AA batteries. The NiCad
battery pack takes 15 hours to re-charge. I would like to use 6 AA
rechargeable NiMH (Nickel Metal Hydride) batteries instead of the regular

AA
batteries but my owner's manual says it's 'not recommended'. I couldn't

find
anything at their website explaining this further. Has anyone done this?

Thanks in advance.

- Rob Malkin