Hoges in WA Hoges in WA is offline

Default On water in the Bahamas

"Larry" wrote in message
cavelamb wrote in news:QumdnahCGp7-
:

Larry wrote:
Bob wrote in news:03474373-9b8b-46dd-babc-
:

bob.

Why is rec.boats.cruising suddenly packed with real assholes like

Bob?

What a jerk.

nothing sudden about it...

[snipped]

I'm not sure sailing is anywhere near as safe as it used to be when
everybody in a marina would go crazy looking for someone overdue or
pitch right in to save a sinking yacht whos owner is 300 miles away.
You used to go down the docks and greet every person you meet, usually
taking an hour to get from the parking lot to your electric box because
you'd get sidetracked talking to someone you struck up a friendly
conversation with who offered to crank up his coffee pot or open his
liqour locker as it WAS after lunch and the sun WAS under the yardarm,
after all. Whatever project you were doing got put on hold to help your
neighbor whos anchor winch stopped about halfway up the pile of chain
laid out on the dock and three of you decided to pitch in an overhaul it
for him in trade for some booze and a friendly dinner at some bistro or
other. What happened to all that?

Larry
Make sure you're around in March/April '11 and name your bistro and your
poison.

You can help me work out what needs fixing and I can supply the alcohol and
food.

Seriously, though, I'm now down to 25 sleeps to retirement and on track for
East Coast USA next year.

Hoges in WA