Wendy

Default opinions sought for full-time cruiser Tools and Spares selection

"Skip Gundlach" wrote in
message ink.net...
Well, the reality approaches, and while I have a pretty well equipped
landside tools and spares selection ("Dad's hardware store"), I'm curious
what those who have done it would suggest.

Skip-

We had 2 6cyl Perkins' as generators on the yacht I lived on (mains were GM
12-71T's). I learned to keep a 10mm open-end wrench handy at all times;
when air gets in the injection system (and I haven't a clue how it does, but
it definitely does), crack the fuel line to the #1 injector with the wrench
while cranking the engine. Works everytime. If I think of anything else
I'll let you know.

Wendy