joevan[_3_] joevan[_3_] is offline

Default Walkway over the Hudson

On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 14:46:13 -0400, "Pierre Lanuéjols"
wrote:

"MWB" wrote in message

The tug is the Morton S. Bouchard Jr.

It is in the notch and outside she will tow. If it's calm outside she may
stay in the notch.

She is a common visitor to Portland, Maine and I've been on it several
times.

Mark

Thank you, so the "Morton S. Bouchard" it is.

In fact "Morton S. Bouchard" yields many results with Google Images,
such as this one which confirms your info:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jblough...29517/sizes/l/

So it travels a good deal!

The name Bouchard can be seen on the left "box" at the rear of the barge
also.

Any picture(s) of your own?

Can such barges as the one it was pushing be used on the open sea?

Thanks again!

PS. I have addicted to tugs since I was 4 years old, when I saw my first
one during WWII in amazing circumstances that I will have to tell in some
future blog.

That was at the mouth of the Onilahy River between Tulear and Soalara
in Madagascar, actually I was aboard the tug with my parents and the sea
was pretty, pretty rough.

We were expecting the little barge it was towing to go under (not to mention
the smallish antique tug itself) at any time, but in the end nothing
happened... aside from being drenched with a lot of spray. :-)

I for one, would like to hear more.