Leanne

Default Boat Choices... teak decks

"DSK" wrote in message
.. .

In short, I own a boat with a teak deck... they're beautiful

but they
are not practical in any way... the maintenance is awful, the

surface is
unreliable, and if it's screwed down over cored fiberglass it's

lurking rot instigator. Our teak deck is coming off in the near

future,
to be replaced by either plain fiberglass with painted

non-skid, or
perhaps those industrial textured non-skid materials.

A friend of mine has a Choy Lee that had the deck problem and
he removed the teak and replaced it with Treadmaster. I have it
on
my boat, which I love, but it is awful on bare feet.

Leanne
s/v Fundy