JAXAshby

Default Radar on a cell phone

eric, what a p.o.s. way back in history a critter like you would be left
behind in the woods as the humans moved on. you consume oxygen humans use.

I'm trying to visualize "a
floating navigation hazzard" - I'm seeing the "General Lee" complete
with stars and bars not to mention mast and boom afloat in the Bay!
Yeeeee Haaaaa!

Eric

(JAXAshby) wrote in message
say what you wish, but at this point the entire planet knows you are scared

death of the water. Buy ALL the "safety" equipment you can find, dude.

please
spend, and spend, and spend until your boat sinks at the dock with no

chance to
ever become a floating navigation hazzard.

Jax:

I just love a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent!

Eric

(JAXAshby) wrote in message
eric, if you mind very much how about from now on you refer to you as
chicken**** instead of as eric.

Stay tied to the dock. Period. You are not qualified to be a sailor if

you
need a cell phone to tell you there is a thunderstorm in the 'hood.

And I most certainly would not trust you, or your judgement about

weather!

Eric

(JAXAshby) wrote in message
eric, it seems you have seen just two thunderstorms in your life, and
one

of
them came "unexpectedly".

Trust me, eric, thunderstorms don't just "happen". I doubt I have

been
surprised by one since I was 8 years old.

If you could see it you would have 16 1/2 hours (and if it was only
moving at 10 knots - that's pretty slow for a thunderstorm). The
point is - typical visibility at the surface is 7 to 10 miles on a
very clear day. With summer haze it is frequently much less than
that. If the storm moves 20 miles an hour (not all that fast for a
thunderstorm), 10 mile visibility gives me 1/2 hour. Moving at 6
knots, I can move my boat a little over three miles in that 1/2

hour.

Eric

(JAXAshby) wrote in message
yeah, right. at 165 nm way an 10 knots speed it will only take

16-1/2
hours
for a thunderstorm to get to you. FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

too
quickly
for you react. You really should buy a cell phone to tell you

that a
storm
is
on its way and may hit you sometime tomorrown afternoon.

Gosh, maybe I need new glasses - when I'm in the Bay off

Annapolis,
just can't see those clouds over Morgantown, West Virginia - a

mere
165 nm away.

In fact, from the top of Old Rag mountain at over 3200 feet, most

days
I can't make out Washington, D.C. a mere 70 miles away (needless

say, I don't do this in a sailboat).

Maybe I need Lasik!

Eric

(JAXAshby) wrote in message
There are lots of places where people sail and it's difficult

see
thunderstorm coming

bull****. Thunderstorm clouds go as high as 60,000 feet

sometimes,
which
means
they can be seen up to 300 nm away. Even 10,000 foot high

clouds
can
be
seen
up to 122 nm away. Can't see that coming?

And there are many places where the potential
exists every day in the summer

thunderstorms don't form inside of 30 seconds. You *KNOW* they

are
coming,
if
one just pays attention.