Eric

Default Looked today ( Boat Choices)

In her original post she said it was the Cheoy Lee that had the teak
decks, not the Tayana.

"Cheoy Lee Pedrick 36, 1985 Model: This boat is simply a very good
looking
boat; it has loads of visual appeal and has been well-kept. The teak
deck
is in quite good condition, as are the topside fittings and rigging."

Did they build them the same way? I don't know.

Eric

Rich Hampel wrote in message ...
The underlayment of teak decks on Tayanas is built up of softwood
squares individually isolated by dams of polyester. If such
underlayment does get wet it usually doesnt not spread accross the
whole deck as would be the case with ''sheets' of core filler.
Not that you cant get a soggy deck on a Tayana; but, if you do the
damage wont be as catastrophic as would a deck with continuous
underlayment filler. Teak deck maintenance isnt all that bad if you
kkep up a gentle and consistent regime of maintenance. Hell, I bet you
expend more time scrubbing a glass deck than a teak deck owner does in
periodically looking for loose bungs.

Give me a teak deck anytime. So what if it makes the boat a bit more
top heavy, **nothing** is this world has the non-dkid ability of bare
teak.