Eric

Default Radar on a cell phone

Je

JAX has never sailed on the Chesapeake in the summer. Some on this
list might argue he's never sailed anything other than a keyboard but
I leave that to them.

Eric

Jere Lull wrote in message ...
In article ,
(Eric) wrote:

Climate is very different as you move a bit further South. There is
good likelihood of thunderstorms every day for most of the summer.
Staying off the water when NWS says there's a chance of thunderstorms
means you don't sail at all in the summer.

Ain't THAT the truth! One day last season, the prediction was only 20%
chance of afternoon showers and thunderstorms. We were so shocked;
didn't know their equipment COULD predict less than 30% in the summer.

Last year was a real PITA. Friends (powerboaters, no less) who get out
more than us some years, found fewer than a dozen days with good enough
forecasts. We pushed the envelope a bit, sometimes skittering out
between cells, but only got out about 60 days including our annual 2
week honeymoon. (only 3 of those 18 days in June were clear and warm.)
Didn't go very far, either.