posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Another Big Mahi Mahi Caught While Cruising

On Mon, 24 May 2010 15:13:57 -0700 (PDT), "Capt.Bill"
wrote:

In the Domican Republic the big marinas also offer assistance with on
site customs and immigration which is particularly helpful when you
are dealing with a language barrier plus a complex and somewhat
corrupt system.

True. But between the official fees and the unofficial fees, it was
still less than the official $300 fee to clear in to the Bahamas. Even
for us at 90'. :-)

Yes but I greatly prefer the system in the Bahamas. Once you pay your
$300 you can come and go as you want from island to island with no
additional bureaucracy to deal with. In the Dominican Republic you
can only go legally to another port of entry, no where else, and of
course everyone has their hand out. We are technically in violation
tonight because we want to leave Luperon tomorrow at 6:00 AM but since
there is no provision for that in the rules our zarpa says that we
leaving at 5:00PM today.