posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
Capt.Bill Capt.Bill is offline

Default Another Big Mahi Mahi Caught While Cruising

On May 24, 5:25*pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On Mon, 24 May 2010 16:02:10 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"

wrote:
South Side Marina about 2 miles east of Provo.

http://www.southsidemarina-tci.com/

A very friendly and accomodating place, although limited to about 5
1/2 ft draft on the entrance channel. * We stayed there on the way
south and will go back again later this week.

Sad that any so-called cruiser has an umbilical connected to marina after
marina.

We spend over 90% of our time anchored out but recognize that marinas
offer very useful services at times. * On our way south we needed
supplies and repairs in the Turks and Caicos, both of which were
greatly facilitated by South Side Marina. *They are also an official
port of entry with a customs officer always on call which is a major
convenience.

In the Domican Republic the big marinas also offer assistance with on
site customs and immigration which is particularly helpful when you
are dealing with a language barrier plus a complex and somewhat
corrupt system.

True. But between the official fees and the unofficial fees, it was
still less than the official $300 fee to clear in to the Bahamas. Even
for us at 90'. :-)