Default Looked today ( Boat Choices)

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 11:41:02 -0600, "Wendy"
wrote:

The engine access is good- the cabinetwork does come apart. The genset
would be an upside-down thing, now that you mention it... I'll look into
that more this Saturday. Now, what's this I hear about taking up the teak
and epoxying down again, sans screws? Anyone know anything about that?

That is frequently the case with teak screwed into fiberglass:
accidents waiting to happen. Teak is very nice to walk on...on other
people's boats G. Me, I get the same effect from a reasonable
substrate and a handful of sand. The fewer holes through or into most
decks, the better, I think, and teak does add weight where you don't
want it.

Even in the Great Lakes, where wear and tear on surfaces is arguably
less (excepting the freeze-thaw expansion problems on exposed decks in
winter), I see the evidence of former teak decking frequently.
Expensive to tear out and refinish, but not as expensive as keeping it
in, at least for some. Your mileage, etc...

Looks nice, but I don't have the crew of "Master and Commander" to
keep it dry and clean.

R.