posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
moose[_4_] moose[_4_] is offline

Default Shopping for a non-boating GPS...

On 5/23/2010 7:05 AM, hk wrote:
Got a buddy who is graduating from college at the age of 41, and got
there by going part time after work for many years. He's going to
celebrate by taking a nice, long driving vacation across the USA, and
I'd like to get him a special gift, a GPS he can use in his car and also
outside the car for hiking trails and walking city streets...

I think something with a nice 4" to 5" screen would do, rather than one
of the tiny screen pocket models. Problem is, I know nothing about these
land-based GPS devices.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

$120 got me a Garmin wide screen with blue-tooth, MSN direct,SD card
slot, and best of all you can plug in an address or city and it will
Tell you how to get there, turn by turn.