posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
hk hk is offline

Default Another Big Mahi Mahi Caught While Cruising

On 5/20/10 5:43 PM, moose wrote:
On 5/20/2010 5:31 PM, hk wrote:
On 5/20/10 10:13 AM, Flying Pig wrote:
wrote in message
Flying Pig wrote:
wrote in message
news
Learn to use an electric knife and your yield will be higher!

Why electric yielding more? I get right next to the bone with no
trouble.
As a guy who used to sell cutlery, I know what a sharp knife can do.
I've
taken to stropping (effectively) mine on a buffer wheel. Even my razor
knives revived!

L8R

Skip, lusting after Mahi, but striking out on all but Barracuda lately

I guess it has more to do with how many fish you are cleaning. In our
last outing, our group of six caught and cleaned over 150 snapper,
grouper, kings, dolphin, and a wahoo. The electric knife won with about
6-1 over the standard filet knife and the yield was better but we were
under a time constraint with all of those fish so the guy with the
filet
knife was getting sloppy. I guess it's a matter of technique but you
could almost see through the fillets cut with the electric knife.

Ah...

My filets aren't designed to be multi-cut. Just get it off the fish. I
could see how, if you were slicing multiple thicknesses from a single
slab
it would go faster...

L8R

Skip

Only six pigs would pull and keep 150 fish out of the ocean. That's 25
fish each.

Oink, oink, oink.

Might be the plan was to give some of it to homeless or needy people.
But, I suppose that might not have occurred to one of the me-me-me folks.

Please..."Larry" is the Dan Krueger character, a right-wing, "I've got
mine so screw you" guy. The only thing trash like that gives to the poor
is the single finger salute.

--
The Tea Party's teabaggers are just the Republican base by another name.