Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default Another Big Mahi Mahi Caught While Cruising

On Wed, 19 May 2010 19:39:27 -0400, Larry
wrote:

Flying Pig wrote:
wrote in message
m...

Skip, lusting after Mahi, but striking out on all but Barracuda lately

Get one, Skip. Good fish...

--

Richard Lamb

Hi, Richard,

I know about Mahi being good fish (presume that's what you meant).

We've been fortunate to catch quite a few - including a 44" one last year,
and, in one hour period, also last year, three in a row (much smaller) - but
none recently.

If you mean the Barracuda, we do keep and relish the30" ones. Like them
better than Mahi, in fact.

L8R

Skip

I've heard barracuda were excellent to eat but I know even the smaller
fish have a chance of carrying the ciguatera (sp?) disease.

I believe that is not limited to barracuda and any carnivorous fish
can carry it.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)