Larry Larry is offline

Default Antarctica

WaIIy wrote in
:

On Sat, 15 May 2010 04:07:10 +0000, Larry wrote:

My fuel consumption is in the Honda Reflex scooter...about $6/week.

Hey bud, I have a Helix.

Mine's a 2004. Bought it from the local Vespa dealer someone turned in
with 1900 miles on it for a 125 Vespa. He wanted a less powerful
scooter. I think your 250 motor must be about the same motor. Reflex
just snazzed up the plastic. The Chinese make the same scooter without
the Honda profit load on it for lots less. We compared the two. Mine
has a parking brake. Theirs has an FM stereo radio built into the panel
over where my parking brake lever is mounted and those little "air
conditioner" holes we never figured out the use for is where the stereo
speakers are mounted!

http://www.powersportsmax.com/produc...roducts_id/634

Hmm...price dropped again! $1649 brand new. Honda wanted $4700 for it.
It's the SAME scooter.....

The Honda drive belt is $82 at local Honda dealers. Our chinese scooter
shop sold me the EXACT same belt, right down to the brand name for $18!

Guess whos parts I buy....(c;]

I live in Charleston, SC. Been as far away as Columbia and Myrtle Beach
on mine. Went to Myrtle Beach with two friends driving noisy custom
Harley's. They took me along as a joke, expecting to leave me along
side the highway. I was bound to stay with them and they finally gave
up around 75 before we got ticketed....hee hee.

"How fast will it go?", everyone always asks. "I don't know! The cops
don't want me to find out.", is my answer....(c;]

BTW, State Farm, my car insurance company sells me $100K/$300K/$50K
liability insurance for it for $23/year. Uninsured motorist coverage is
another $32/year, here. THat makes it cheap to keep, too!

--
Creationism is to science what storks are to obstetrics.

Larry