mmc mmc is offline

Default Whale strikes

"WaIIy" wrote in message
On Fri, 14 May 2010 21:06:27 -0400, "mmc" wrote:

"WaIIy" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 13 May 2010 18:31:15 -0700 (PDT), Bil wrote:

A good database of whale/sailboat strikes might lead to mitigation
specific to cruisers. At the moment, we don't know whether - for
example - sailing with a sonar depth sounder operating avoids whale/
sailboat strikes. That's why a database with details of where/when/
under what conditions would be valuable.

Really, how stupid does a whale have to be in order to "bump into" a
boat?

Think about it.

People walk in front of moving cars, OD on drugs, have unprotected sex,
use
tobacco, etc, etc ,etc.......we are the most self destructive species.

Well, then should we ban cars, sex, tobacco and elevators.

If we did. there'd less obesity! I was just pointing out that sometimes sh*t
happens.

Anyway, what does a whale swimming in a gigantic ocean running into a
a boat which is taking up one billionth of space have to do with sex.

Should we make whale condoms?

Oh wait, I have some.

Haha.