Wendy

Default Looked today ( Boat Choices)

"Cindy Ballreich" wrote in message
It's important to remember that these numbers will only give you
a suggestion of how a boat will perform. In reality there are a
lot of factors that go into performance that these numbers can't
account for.

Yes, I understand this concept. I think it's probably safe to say that any
one number in and of itself is almost meaningless; these figures probably
become important through their interrelationship- the old "whole is greater
than the parts" idea. Sailboat gestalt, if you will A familiarity with
the basic concepts of aerodynamics is essential to flight, but one need not
be able to design a wing in order to understand how it works. I strongly
suspect that the same principle applies to nautical design and operation.

Wendy