Dionysus Feldman

Default New Boat Owner

Bob Dimond--
In my humble opinion, for any boat, especially older boats, in addition to
the USCG equipment list make sure you have 3-4 additional items on board:

1. GPS
2. VHF (if you already have a fixed station, get a portable backup)
3. Cell phone
4. Boat US or other towing insurance

df--

I have a cell phone -- Sprint, which is selected and paid for by my
company, but doesn't have much coverage here in West Michigan. And
SWMBO has Nextel which is good coverage.

VHF came with the boat. Here we use Channel 9 for hailing, Channel 16
for emergency.

My coverage is on my home-owner's policy, so I guess I should get
Vehicle Assist or BoatUS.

GPS -- I think I'll start another thread.