Canuck57[_9_] Canuck57[_9_] is offline

Default For you tax wizards...

On 09/05/2010 4:56 PM, bpuharic wrote:
On Sun, 9 May 2010 14:29:10 -0700,
wrote:

wrote in message

.

--
There is a sucker born every minute, liberals and our politicians are
counting on it.

Right. I'm a welsher because I pay taxes and support the society I live in;
whereas, you're just a poor idiot.

not only that, but when the rich game the system by excluding
themselves from taxes (via lower capital gains), he thinks this is
wonderful and the bill should be passed to the middle class

Actually, capital gains is in the total picture a tax on wealth.
Inflation tax if you will.

For example, you buy a house @ $100,000. Then it is worth $200,000...
same house same area. No changes. Materially 100% the same as when you
bought it.

Did it's value increase or did it's cost in dollars increase?

In value, it hasn't changed a bit. In dollars, it costs twice as much
due to inflation. But by your arguement you should pay full tax on
$100k. If so, it is a tax on inflation and the net value in purchasing
power has decreased by the amount you are taxed.

But then if you graduated high school, I am sure they just wanted to get
rid of you. As you obviously don't understand inflation.