Rosalie B.

Default Looked today ( Boat Choices)

x-no-archive:yes

"Wendy" wrote:

snip

She's
radar-equipped, no SSB or GPS.

snip

She has no navigation station; the large quarterberth is
designed as an aft stateroom. I would prefer a nav station, but a fold down
table sort of thing could be easily added by a carpenter. Electronics
consists of an SSB; a radar and GPS system would have to be added (I am a
Garmin GPS junkie, I'll freely admit that

I look on the GPS as a portable item. In general, I would prefer to
buy my own electronics because those things age, and I think it would
be better to get new up-to-date ones rather than have to deal with
older stuff which may not have been properly maintained or have the
most modern features. We got this boat with nothing in the way of
electronics except an AM/FM radio/CD player with speakers in the
cockpit and an old VHF radio. We actually bought the GPS before we
bought the boat.

As for the nav station - Lots of people take them out of boats and put
in other kinds of things like hanging storage. We don't use ours for
navigation as we have all that on computers or in chart books.

grandma Rosalie