posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
YukonBound YukonBound is offline

Default Tired of the ICW

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
On Apr 8, 6:34 pm, "Don White" wrote:
"Larry" wrote in message

Don White wrote:
wrote in message
news

Don White wrote:

wrote in message
news:kdqdnUIPUq3LRibWnZ2dnUVZ_sSdnZ2d@giganews .com...

Don White wrote:

wrote in message

My 28' sailboat is now in Stuart, Fl after transiting the
Okechobee
waterway but I want to get to Bimini and then to the Berry Is. so
need to get to Miami. However, I am now very tired of the ICW so
would like to sail down the coast on the outside from Stuart to
Miami. If I stay within 5 miles of land, will I have any
problems
with the Gulf Stream pushing me N.?

Wouldn't the charts point this out?
http://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/explor...round/geology/...

He would need real-time information. That wasn't a chart, BTW.

Duh, no kidding!

So why did you suggest that a chart would point out real-time data?

Duh! I didn't.

He was looking for real-time data and you posted a historical snapshot
and
called it a chart. Duh!

You related to Looney?
Well, you're from Floriduh...close enough.
I didn't call the address I posted...a "chart". That was simply an
addition
to give Froggy an idea how close the Gulf Stream comes to the Atlantic
coast
of Florida.

It was interesting and after you posted it I did check o see how close
it comes to the coast............very close.

Thanks...that DitzyDan is just trying to stir up crap...as usual.