Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default Long Island to George Town, Exumas, Bahamas 4-21-10 and Regatta Week

"slide" wrote in message
On 5/1/2010 12:42 PM, Flying Pig wrote:
Hey Skip:

Heh. We MOSTLY have all our systems working at once, but one or more of
them need attention fairly frequently...

I doubt I had 1/3 of your complexity and that defeated my attempts for
100% op so my hat is off to you for even coming close. Like I eventually
replaced all the parts (one by one) of the auto pilot yet it never worked
for more than a few hours. One single part was 2.5 boat units too. Yikes.

No kidding. We're sort of holding our breath on our ST6000, as we've heard
of other failures. OTOH, ours is hydraulic, and aside from the last time we
were in Charleston (see prior logs for that story) where the pump's bolts
had worked loose, allowing the hydraulic fluid to leak, thus bleeding off
the required pressure in the system, we've had no mechanical issues with it
(YET!)

Gosb, you have lapidary power tools (bench grider??) aboard as well? I"m
surprised 47 or so feet do it for you. I think you have more power this
and that than I do onshore.

Don't forget the rotary grinder with the cutoff wheel for making conch horns
(and many other uses, otherwise), the grinding stones for making the
mouthpiece, skilsaw, jigsaw, 1HP hand grinder, buffers and the like :{))

The Morgan 46 (actually a 45 hull, but with the bow roller cage, they named
it differently to differentiate between them, especially since the interior
and deck/house were redesigned by Moorings for their use - Beatrice
Foods/Morgan immediately saw the benefit and started marketing the retail
version - the 462s - simultaneously with the 461s which were bought/marketed
by Moorings) is universally described by those visiting as by far the
largest 46 (not really, as above) they'd ever been on.

The storage is prodigious. We carry lots of tools, a year or so of dry
goods/jarred goods (corralled in milk crates; we've seriously reconsidered
the horror stories of glass aboard, as, even in our wreck, we have had not
the first failure), and ample fuel and water.

To say we're thrilled with the boat is an understatement. Aside from the
usual 1-2-3s (regular maintenance to keep ahead of the curve for the times
when we may be on the hard), and my since-new dissatisfaction with the arch,
we have next to no issues.

I am familiar with sea beans. Here they a

http://www.earthy.com/Fresh_Sea_Beans__8_oz_P1513.cfm

I did a search and I think there are two things which aren't at all alike
called the same thing or maybe let that sea bean float around while and it
becomes a hard thing. Beats me.

Try this http://waynesword.palomar.edu/plmay97.htm for a better perspective
and knowledge...

L8R

Skip and Lydia, enjoying the wind and solar power which is keeping us up
during all her grinding/polishing and our dual simultaneous computer use -
she on Skype and Facebook, me on trip reports and stuff like this, today

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain