Steve B[_4_] Steve B[_4_] is offline

Default Bow mount troll motor question

"Tim" wrote in message
On Apr 29, 12:15 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
I bought a MotorGuide Brute. I want to mount it on my Lund aluminum boat,
so have to make a mounting plate. I want to mount it exactly at the point
of the bow. Should I have the base down the centerline or follow the
gunnel? I had another boat with a similar mount, but just a little off
center to the right, parallel with the center line. It pulled pretty
straight, I just had to turn the motor a tiny bit to compensate. The
current one is mounted on the gunnel about three feet back from the prow,
so
it pulls a lot to one side, and it is difficult to get the engine just
right
so it tracks good. It is also too short, therefore the new one. How would
you do it?

Steve

visit my sitehttp://cabgbypasssurgery.comwatch for the book

Sorry steve that I can't help on this matter, but I'm seriously
thinking on getting a motor to mount on the pontoon. It would make a
good bow thruster. especialy for 'parallel parking' LOL!

reply:

We went on a Princess cruise recently. I was thoroughly impressed on the
parallel parking of those monsters, particularly in Puerta Vallarta. And
San Pedro. Man, was that a tight spot. They sure made it look easy. I
have spent years on oceangoing vessels. Side thrusters were just coming out
at that time, though. Now, the whole prop is on a 360 degree turning pod
astern. IIRC, the bow are still a thruster that has doors that open when
needed.

I don't impress easily. Watching them do their thing made me stand in awe.

Then there's the local launch ramp if you want some REAL Larry, Moe, and
Curly action! Nah, Larry, Moe, and Curly weren't as dumb as that crew.

Steve