posted to rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing.asa,uk.rec.sailing
Ian Ian is offline

Default Just like I said - FAILURE!!!

On 26 Apr, 20:36, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
"I have some big news today. It's not necessarily good news, but the way I
look at it, it's not bad either. I am going to be pulling into Cape Town for
repairs thus ending my non-stop attempt. My whole team and I

I love the phrase "my whole team" - as if they were working for her
and she wasn't just the payload.

have been
discussing whether or not I need to stop ever since my main auto pilot died.
It's one thing to sail across an ocean with one well-working auto pilot,
it's another to keep going with one that is not at all reliable."

So which bit failed - the wind vane, the water vane or the linkage?