cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default Cherubini Raider 33 - Need Shore Power Advice

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Subject

Having spent a major piece of my career in the electrical business and
also wired a couple of boats, I'll offer the following:

FORGET about wiring a boat for 120VAC shore power, especially on an
older boat..

Instead, wire up a "Cheater, a 30A plug, a 15A receptacle, and 12"-15"
of 10-3 wire.

Add to that a 25 ft, 10-3 120V extension cord with a triple receptacle
outlet from a big box store.

When needed, plug in, run cord inside boat, plug in hot plate and make
breakfast.

When finished, coil up cord, unplug cheater and store in locker.

BTW, this also works for the electric hot water heater.

It's safer and less costly.

No need for expensive marine electrical items.

BTDT, would never do it again.

Lew

That sounds kind of like the way I did my 18, Lew.
Only difference is that I hung it under the cockpit.

I put a Marinco connector (15 Amp) on a power strip (with breaker and GFA)
and called it done. Everything AC plugged into that.
And I never had a minutes problem with any of it.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb/c18.htm
down at the bottom...

--

Richard Lamb