Larry W4CSC

Default Bought cool new digital charger....$89? WalMart?!!

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 08:17:16 +0100, "Meindert Sprang"
wrote:

Yes and no. I will have a Bluetooth mulitplexer soon, but the problem with
Bluetooth is that it allows either data over a 'serial profile', which is a
point to point connection between two devices only (which my BT multiplexer
will be: mux - PDA or computer) or you can have a piconet, which creates
an RF network with a limit of 8 devices. I wonder though what an average BT
device does when 150 W of RF is emitted in the near vincinity....
One think is for su BT or any RF datalink is far away from any approval
needed for commercial vessels.

Meindert

Bluetooth is unaffected by a 1,500 watt HF ham radio station operating
with a vertical antenna virtually on top of the system. I have a
9-band Butternut vertical mounted right over the station on my sheet
metal roof (ground plane) I prefer to the beam. Amp is an old Drake
L4B with a pair of 3-500ZG graphite plate monsters that will run the
legal limit on RTTY and the digital modes. Doesn't bother Bluetooth a
bit as Bluetooth is just too high in freq and its antennas are way too
small to acquire any kind of RF from a transmitter under 30 Mhz.

Larry W4CSC

No, no, Scotty! I said, "Beam me a wrench.", not a WENCH!
Kirk Out.....