JAXAshby

Default Offshore cruiser questions

thus a long
roll period. I personally now like a long roll period as I dont get so
beat up as when on a 'quick period' boat. I find I puke less when
slow rolling than snap rolling.

I understand the US Navy spent some time and effort to see why sailors get
seasick, and how to stop or reduce it. I understand about 1/3 get sick from a
quick motion, 1/3 from a long motion, and the rest from a combination of the
two.

In addition, not only is a 600 sq ft main sail 3x the weight of a 200 ft sail,
it is also 3x time sq rt 3 more effort to tighten in against the wind. 3x
because it is 3x bigger, and sq rt 3 times because the circle you have to pull
in against gets bigger.

Still, a T-37 catches my attention.