Joe Joe is offline

Default Another market for you, Joe...

On Apr 19, 10:45*pm, cavelamb wrote:
Joe wrote:

They delivered the wine in 2008 on a huge antique barque that most
likely needed a crew of 30 and cost a fortune to rent. They also had
on the drawing table a 6 million dollar euro looking cargo sailboat. I
suspect they broke even or lost money since I have not heard a peep
about them since then. People like the sailing aspect but they like
paying less first for the same quality. So you need to cut the cost to
market, not raise it.

*I thought about importing rum, but the ATF rules and paper work
nightmare made me decide to pass. Coffee, spice, tea all make great
cargos as they are compact and easy to deal with. Coffee is the second
most traded item on earth after oil so I figured it's an area where
you can grow if you work hard and provide a good product.

Joe

So how are you doing on getting another shipment ready?

Are you looking for an existing vessel, or going the build it route?

--

Richard Lambhttp://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb/- Hide quoted text -

Greetings Richard,
Looking to do a new build, most likely will build it on Galvestons
Port industrial drive, there are 5-6 yards that can do the job.

Doing a huge spread sheet on everything from the steel down to the
paint brushes.

We just opened another retail location on Galvestons Historic Strand
just yards away from the tall ship Elissa.

http://www.galvestonhistory.org/Texa...ort_Museum.asp
http://www.galveston.com/downtowntour/

Look for the press releases soon.

Joe