posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry Larry is offline

Default Wi-Fi antenna postscrip

Bruce wrote in
:

As I previously mentioned I do not have a signal strength meter and
used the standard Linux utility "iwconfig" to produce some sort of
data. It gave a reading of 6 for signal strength using the bare
adapter and as high as 23 with the wok I can only assume that whatever
the value of the increments that the ratio is accurate.

http://www.kismetwireless.net/
Kismet is the program for Linux

http://www.netstumbler.com/
Network STumbler for Windows is better and if you hook a GPS receiver to
the PC it will even log the position of every signal it finds that
couples directly to Google EArth! Way cool scanner for wifi at home or
riding around in a vehicle.

http://apradar.sourceforge.net/

http://sectools.org/

--
Creationism is to science what storks are to obstetrics.

Larry