jps

Default Politics aside: 9-11-01; Let us never forget

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On 11 Sep 2003 18:07:51 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:

Shame on me for even participating in your
little troll. Shame on maybe a few others who believe that one side of

the
political spectrum or the other holds a copyright on
patriotism and mourning the losses of 9-11 (corporeal, physical,

financial,
psychological, philosophical, and all). Should you run into such a

person, tell
them "Shame on you, too." They damn well deserve it.

You bet.

I lost a few people I knew that day, had a ring side seat for the
whole affair, and I still happen to believe that the bill of rights
suffered as least as much damage. It's interesting to me that folks
are willing to take constitutional rights so lightly in the name of
patriotism. It was, after all, one of the things that the
revolutionary war was fought over, and what could be more patriotic
than that?

Between upsetting our western freedoms and screwing with our economy, one
could assume AQ has been pretty damn successful at their objective to cause
the US to crumble.

The economic effects were unavoidable, sacraficing our constitutional rights
was and is optional. Hopefully, the country is starting to regain its
senses and realizing we needn't become a police state in reaction to being
attacked.

jps